Health Education/ Cultural & Linguistic Services Tools
As a benefit of partnering with L.A. Care, we offer you and your patients several types of health education resources.
Health education materials for your patients
We proudly offer health education materials that are medically accurate, culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate.
To order materials please visit our self-service portal. If you are a first time user, you will need to create a new account. (this is different from your L.A. Care Provider Portal account) All contracted providers may order these health education materials at no cost.
Note: You can request written health education material in your patients preferred language or alternative formats such as large print.
To begin the request for alternative format of written health education materials for members please email us.
Help your patients find health education resources online
Health education information on topics such as asthma, oral health, pregnancy and more - all in a printer friendly format.
Health education classes for your patients
Free wellness classes are available for members and the community at L.A. Care’s Family Resource Centers and Community Resource Centers located in Boyle Heights, East L.A., Inglewood, Lynwood, Metro L.A., Pacoima, Palmdale and Pomona. Our most popular classes are exercise and healthy cooking.
In addition, L.A. Care Health Plan makes available health education and cultural linguistic services at no cost to direct line of business members (MCLA, PASC-SEIU, LACC, and CMC). Health education consults are provided over the telephone, virtually or by group appointments. Topics include smoking cessation, weight management, diabetes self-management and more.
Consults with a Registered Dietitian for Medical Nutrition Therapy for common conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension, are also available by provider referral. If you would like to refer members for Health Education or Medical Nutrition Therapy, please complete the respective form and fax it to us.
Education and Support Programs for Patients with Asthma, Diabetes and/or a High-Risk Pregnancy
- Updated “L.A. Cares About Asthma,” “L.A. Cares About Diabetes” and “Healthy Pregnancy” programs focusing on education and support.
- Identified members are sent a welcome letter inviting them to create an account for L.A. Care’s health and wellness portal, My Health in MotionTM (MyHIM).
- MyHIM houses multiple resources including health education materials and videos, access to health coaches via messaging, and self-paced workshops.
- Health education materials and access to telephone consults are available for members unable to access MyHIM online.
- To refer a patient, please use the Health Education, Cultural and Linguistic Services referral link above.
Prenatal and Postpartum Care Tools and Resources
- HEDIS Tip Sheet: Postpartum Care
- HEDIS Tip Sheet: Timeliness of Prenatal Care
- Perinatal health providers can reduce pregnancy-related preventable deaths, severe illnesses, and associated health disparities by addressing implicit bias. Access learning modules addressing birthing bias in California.
Get Instructions on how to refer pregnant members to No-Cost Doula Services available through the LA County Department of Public.
Provider Toolkit for Serving Diverse Populations
The following toolkit will assist you in providing high quality, effective, and compassionate care to your patients and help you meet the changing service requirements as required by state and federal regulatory agencies:
The toolkit contents are organized in five sections which contain helpful information and tools that can be reproduced and used as needed: