L.A. Care wants to make your experience with us as enjoyable as possible and here are some helpful tips on getting started:
Member ID Card
Your L.A. Care Member ID Card has the name of your health plan, your member ID number, and your Primary Care Provider (PCP) with his/her number. Use your Member ID Card when you visit your doctor, pharmacy and other health care providers.
When you join L.A. Care, you can choose your PCP. You can change your PCP at any time. Your PCP will refer you to specialists when needed, such as cardiologists and surgeons.
Make a Payment
If you need to make a premium payment or have questions, please visit our Make a Payment web page.
To make your experience easier, you can also create an online L.A. Care Connect member account. To get started, visit L.A. Care Connect.
With your L.A. Care Connect account, you can:
- Print and view your member ID Card to use at your doctor's office, pharmacy or other health care provider
- View your health care information including eligibility, claims, and prescription history
- Chat live with a nurse at a time that's right for you
- Connect to My Health in Motion™ for programs tailored to your health needs
- Find a doctor, change a doctor, or search the provider directory
- Contact L.A. Care
Community Resource Centers
The Community Resource Centers are Your Centers for Health and Wellness. You can learn about important health topics to keep you and your family healthy.
Classes and services are free and open to everyone. Take an exercise class, talk to a registered dietitian, learn how to cook and plan healthy meals and more.
Stop by a Community Resource Center near you to see how we can help you live a healthy life.
Be a part of two unique volunteer groups that help L.A. Care meet the needs of our community Regional Community Advisory Committees (RCACs) and the Health Promoters Program.
If you are interested, please call 1.888.522.2732. We're looking for:
- L.A. Care members or a parent of an L.A. Care member
- Seniors and people with disabilities
- Community-based organizations and advocacy groups