Who can refer?
- Anyone can refer to the program, no wrong door.
- However, our recuperative care referral form requires extensive information, including member history, clinical documentation, and a plan for follow-up services, so it's best to coordinate referral submission with someone who can provide this information.
- Initial referral and transfer request can be submitted using the referral form.
How can I submit a referral?
- Referrers can submit the referral form via secure fax to 1.213.536.0634.
- Eventually, referrers will be able to submit via the SyntraNet provider portal.
Please refer to the our Quick Reference Guide for more information, including timeline and responsibilities.
When is a member discharged from recuperative care?
- Member does not meet extension criteria. In order to qualify for an extension in recuperative care, a member must continue needing medical oversight and continued care. Additionally, a member may not exceed the 90 day approval period.
- 90 day stay completed.
- Recuperative care is limited to two continuous durations per 12-month period.
- Discharge planning should begin day one (1).
- Extensions must be requested 10 days prior to authorization expiring.
- L.A. Care holds the authority to approve or deny these extensions.
How is a member discharge reported to L.A. Care?
- Recuperative Care provider must notify L.A. Care of discharge via SyntraNet and must attach members discharge summary to system.