As we continue to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic, we appreciate all your efforts to keep your offices and clinics open during this difficult time and help our communities stay safe and well.
As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, you have the opportunity to apply for provider relief funds. There is a short time frame to submit an application — the deadline has been extended to August 3, 2020 — and the funding is limited ($15 billion). You should be able to fill this application out by yourself if you have a robust practice management/electronic health record system.
Any provider that meets the eligibility requirements and can attest to the Terms and Conditions associated with the distribution is eligible for funding. Applications must be submitted by Aug. 3, 2020. To be eligible, providers must have:
- Received no payment from the $50 billion General Distribution to Medicare providers
- For eligible Medicaid/CHIP providers: Billed Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans for health care-related services between Jan. 1, 2018 – Dec. 31, 2019
- Filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018 or 2019; or be exempt from filing a return
- Provided patient care after Jan. 31, 2020
- Not permanently ceased providing patient care directly, or indirectly
- If the applicant is an individual, must have gross receipts or sales from providing patient or dental care reported on Form 1040
- Must not be declared ineligible by local, state or federal government
- Have not have already received the maximum eligible payment amount from this distribution
- For Dental providers applying after July 10: Must not have received payment from the Medicaid/CHIP distribution
How to Apply
This is a NEW opportunity for many types of Medicaid providers to receive federal relief funding due to the COVID-19 public emergency. Eligibility rules, terms and conditions for this funding are available at the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund web page.
Key Application Materials:
- Instructions for the Provider Distribution Application
- Provider Distribution Application Form (application deadline: August 3, 2020)
- Apply through the Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal
L.A. Care is also sharing this announcement with your contracted PPGs (IPAs) to ensure this information reaches you in as many ways as possible. Additionally, your contracted PPGs or health plans may be able to help you with some of the questions in the application (e.g. payer mix).