Tuscan Vegetable Salad
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 32 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (4.5 oz) can no-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Mash half of the beans and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes with the canned juice and bring to a boil.
- Add mashed and whole beans.
- Add spinach leaves and cook until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
*Makes 7 servings. Nutritional information suggested per serving.
Calories: 140 | Total Fat: 4 g | Sodium: 310 mg | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Protein: 8 g | Carbohydrates: 20 g