This spring, your office will be contacted by L.A. Care for our annual Access and Availability survey. This survey is a Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) requirement.
Please make sure you and or your staff answer and reply to the questions. Your office will also be called after business hours to check compliance for after-hours availability.
Appointments must be offered within the timeframes listed here:
Primary Care Doctors
- Routine appointment (non-urgent): 10 business days
- Urgent appointment (no authorization required): 48 hours
- Routine appointment (non-urgent): 15 business days
- Urgent appointment (requiring prior authorization): 96 hours
- Access - After Hours recording or answering service must state emergency instructions to address medical emergencies (e.g. "If this is an emergency, please dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.")
- Access - After-hours recording or answering service must state a way of contacting the provider (e.g. leave a message and the provider will call back, page provider, etc.)
- Timeliness - Recording or live person must state that provider will call back within 30 minutes