Renew Your Coverage
Thank you for being a loyal member! Through our participation in the Covered California exchange now more than ever, we are committed to delivering quality affordable health care to Angelenos. We will always be focused on our community, believing that we can elevate health care through our outreach and education programs. Through our network of doctors, hospitals and clinics our goal is to give you choices for you and your loved ones.
The 2019 Renewal Period will open in the fall of 2018.
The 2018 Renewal Period is closed. For 2019 renewals, we will mail you a renewal notice later this year with important information about your plan. The renewal period is a good time to:
- Report any household changes, including adding a dependent or a change in your permanent address.
- Call us at 1-855-270-2327 (TTY 711) if you would like to speak with someone about changing your plan. For example, if you are currently enrolled in a L.A. Care Covered Bronze 60 HMO plan and you’re looking for lower deductibles and out of pocket costs, switching to the Silver 70 HMO plan could be beneficial to you based on your health needs.
- Follow the steps below, depending on if you are a member of L.A. Care Covered™ or L.A. Care Covered Direct™.
|Dates||Renewal Period Phases||What does this mean?|
|To be announced for 2019||Renewal Period begins||Members who want to renew their plan can report any changes or request to change metal tiers|
|To be announced for 2019||Renewal Period ends||Last day to make changes that will affect your 01/01/2019 L.A. Care Covered™ or L.A. Care Covered Direct™ plan|
|To be announced for 2019||2019 Coverage begins||New coverage year starts! See the Member Materials page for current plan information.|
If you have changes to report for L.A. Care Covered™:
- Sign in to your Covered California™ online member account or call the Service Center at 1-800-300-1506 (TTY 1-888-889-4500) to update your information, such as adding a dependent or a change in your permanent address.
- The information you provide may make you eligible for a different amount of financial assistance.
- Provide consent to have your income verified yearly if you have not yet done so.
No changes to report:
- Covered California™ will automatically renew your coverage.
- If you have not provided consent to have your income verified yearly, you will lose your ability to qualify for financial assistance and you will be responsible for paying the full premium amount for coverage.
- Sign in to your Covered California™ online member account or call the Service Center at 1-800-300-1506 (TTY 1-888-889-4500) to provide that consent.
If you have changes to report for L.A. Care Covered Direct:
- Report changes such as adding a dependent or a change in your permanent address directly to L.A. Care by logging into your L.A. Care Connect member account or calling Member Services at 1-855-270-2327 (TTY 711).
No changes to report:
- If you do not contact L.A. Care with any changes during the Annual Renewal Period, we will automatically renew your coverage.
- Sign in to Covered California to make changes to your account.
- Download member handbooks and other plan documents.