We’re Here for You!
Notice of Center Closure - Updated March 25
In response to COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Community Resource Center in Pomona is temporarily closed until further notice.
Thank you for your patience as we do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please note that eligible L.A. Care members can use Teladoc to access urgent care from home. You can talk to a doctor by phone or video chat if you have a health concern and can't reach your regular doctor. Visit our Teladoc web page for more information.
L.A. Care members may also contact the Nurse Advice Line for free health advice. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-249-3619 (TTY 711). L.A. Care members may also contact Member Services by calling the number on the back of your Member ID card for other questions.
L.A. Care Health Plan and Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan are honored to serve you and your community. Your Community Resource Center offers many free and fun classes and services tailored for L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise members and the entire community to help keep you, your families and your friends active, healthy & informed.
Classes and Services for Everyone
Our Center is a fun space in your local community with unique free classes and services tailored to meet your needs. They are open to everyone in the community and include:
- Fitness and Health Education Classes
- Preventive Health Screenings
- Nutrition and Healthy Cooking Classes
- Wellness Nutrition Consultations
- Social Services Assistance (housing, financial literacy, food security)
- Support Groups
- On-Site Medi-Cal Enrollment Support
Personalized Services for L.A. Care and Blue Shield Promise Members
- Member Services and Navigators – get help receiving quality care and resolving challenges to get the care you need.
- Management of Chronic Conditions - participate in our diabetes prevention programs. Learn about healthy eating and the importance of regular physical activity with a trained lifestyle coach.
- Health Technology – access electronic health resource tools, such as health portals and apps, to help manage and improve your health. The Center will offer support to learn how to use these tools.
- Care Management – get the most from your health care benefits by working with a Care Manager. A Care Manager can help members organize and develop a plan for their care.
- Community Link – use the L.A. Care Community Link platform to receive social services assistance for housing, food, bills and more.