Automated Contract Creation, Implementation, & Oversight RFP
L.A. Care is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals for an automated contract creation, implementation, and oversight (ACCIO) solution. Interested vendors may submit a proposal containing the information requested in this RFP Notice.
2. Problem Statement
L.A. Care’s current provider contracting process is neither integrated nor effective in guiding the performance of our service delivery network through clarity of expectations and well-documented accountabilities. This RFP has been issued to procure a third-party application and associated services that optimize workflow and data integration associated with:
- Implementing digital indexing, retrieval, and provision-specific searches of all existing provider contracts, contract amendments, and memoranda of understanding/letters of agreement; and
- Automating the generation, transmission, tracking, execution, and storage of
- New service delivery agreements and amendments for participating providers, and
- Memoranda of understanding/letters of agreement for non-participating providers.
The ACCIO solution will enable L.A. Care to streamline the preparation, completion, and management of participating provider service delivery agreements and amendments as well as non-participating provider memoranda of understanding/letters of agreement by enabling the following functionalities:
- Scanning, uploading, and indexing (1) all existing contracts and contract amendments with participating providers and (2) memoranda of understanding (MOUs) or letters of agreement (LOAs) with non-participating providers (the “Legacy Contracts”);
- Uploading and indexing a comprehensive library of provision-specific clauses (and clause alternatives) comprising all components of service delivery agreements (SDAs) with physician, hospital, and ancillary providers (the “Clause Library”);
- Uploading and configuring an interactive questionnaire for use by staff (the “Intelligent Questionnaire”);
- Generating provider-specific SDAs and amendments for participating providers and memoranda of understanding (MOUs)/letters of agreement (LOAs) for non-participating providers from the Legacy Contracts, the Clause Library, and the Intelligent Questionnaire;
- Generating class-specific SDA amendments triggered by provision-specific modifications in the Clause Library necessitated by changes in regulatory or operational requirements;
- Automating electronic transmission (together with explanatory transmittals) and negotiations tracking of all SDAs, amendments, and MOUs/LOAs, which includes workflow with internal business units and contracting partners;
- Digitally executing all finalized SDAs, amendments, and MOUs/LOAs;
- Indexing and storing for retrieval/reporting executed SDAs, amendments, and MOUs/LOAs;
- Enabling the maintenance of the Clause Library and Intelligent Questionnaire to incorporate changes to regulatory and operational requirement;
- Enabling searches and reporting about all data and all contractual documents; and
- Interfacing workflow and data integration functions itemized above with (1) L.A. Care’s licensed version of Salesforce and (2) relevant production platforms and non-production databases.
To achieve L.A. Care’s workflow and data integration objectives outlined above, selected vendor shall:
- Be able to meet L.A. Care’s regulatory, operational, and workflow functionality requirements;
- Be as cooperative, innovative, and flexible as possible;
- Clearly demonstrate (1) the out-of-the-box functionality of the vendor’s application; and (2) the capability of the vendor to customize the application as necessary;
- Validate its ability to implement L.A. Care’s ACCIO solution in a timely and cost-efficient fashion; and
- Meet L.A. Care’s targeted Go-Live date of December 31, 2018.
3. Calendar of Events
|RFP Release||April 20, 2018|
|Letter of Intent (LOI) Due to L.A. Care||April 27, 2018|
|Written Questions Due to L.A. Care||April 27, 2018|
|Q&A Document Issued||May 4, 2018|
|RFP Proposals Due (No Exceptions||May 21, 2018|
|Finalist Selected and Notified with SOW||June 15, 2018|
|SOW Review and Acceptance||June 15-29, 2018|
|Finalist Presentations Conducted||July 2-3, 11-13, 2018|
|Vendor of Choice Selected||July 20, 2018|
|Contract Executed, Implementation Commences||August 20, 2018|
4. L.A. Care Point of Contact
The sole point of contact for this RFP is L.A. Care Procurement. Vendors shall submit all RFP inquiries and transmit all RFP submissions to L.A. Care Procurement at RFP@lacare.org and shall not attempt to contact L.A. Care by any other means.
5. Letter of Intent to Respond
Interested vendors shall email a Letter of Intent (LOI) declaring their intention to respond to this RFP by the deadline stated in the Calendar of Events (Section 4). Vendor shall include the words "ACCIO RFP: [vendor name] Letter of Intent" in the subject line and the following in the body of the email:
- Vendor name, address, and phone number;
- Vendor RFP contact person’s name, address, phone number, and email address; and
- Brief description of the qualifications and experience of the vendor.
A full version of the RFP is available as a PDF document under Resources.