L.A. Care Health Promoters are highly trained dedicated volunteers who provide workshops, health fairs and educational theater programs in communities served by the organization. Participants cover a variety of health care and access topics including: Affordable Care Act, access to health care, nutrition, management of chronic conditions and women’s health.
Health Promoters speak the language and live in communities served by L.A. Care and are commited to addressing the needs and challenges of members of diverse backgrounds and conditions.
Call Community Outreach & Education Phone 1-888-522-2732
Who We're Looking For
- L.A. Care members of one of our health plans or a parent of an L.A. Care member
- Members who live in one of our 11 RCAC regions
- Members over 18 years of age with a commitment to community health activities
- Seniors and people with disabilities who want to promote better health in their communities
- Community-based groups (CBOs) and advocate groups to participate in our RCACs
How to Join
Please complete an interest form for more information on the L.A. Care Health Promoters program.